After a holiday in Thailand, the woman became disabledJanuary 5, 2023
One Australian woman was seriously injured in one of the resorts in Thailand after an exotic hygienic procedure. 37-year-old Melanie Watson decided to follow the trendy procedure, but regretted it very much, as she lost all her fingers on her left foot. The woman saw cute fish that tickle tourists and clean their feet. She decided to try this cleansing, which is called “fish pedicure”, in which people put their feet in a container with small fish that gnaw on the skin of their feet.
After arriving home, the woman began to experience pain in her leg. When she went to the hospital, she was warned that she had osteomyelitis. Internal inflammation and sepsis began. Three weeks later, the doctors had no choice but to amputate all five fingers. It turns out to be a carrier of the disease, these fish are often, because hundreds of tourists from different countries undergo a five-minute procedure in one day, the water changes at best once every three days. The owners of the fish have not heard of any hygiene and cleanliness.